Wednesday, 27 April 2011

Pass it on

Last year in my first months following Jesus, through work, I spent a few days near a place called Bellshill near Glasgow. Whilst sat in my Premier Travel Inn, I thought I would venture out and discover another church! I used my googlator and found one nearby. They made me feel really welcome and were very open to new visitors. On this particular evening after worship they were watching a video by Louie Giglio called Fruit Cake and Icecream, a fantastic explanation of God's grace in people's lives . Won't spoil the film, but you may want a few Kleenexes to hand.

So I bought the dvd, but not the t-shirt. After watching this a few times I passed it on. Well, it is slowly making its way around the church. But that's not why I am writing this post. I received a text from a friend who had finished watching the film, and asked, "do I return it to you or pass it on?" I wonder who they are going to pass the dvd on to next?  This reminded me of when Jesus healed the man who was possessed by a demon. Instead of allowing the man to follow Him after being healed, Jesus sent the man away to tell people about what had happened, "So the man went away and began to tell in the Decapolist how much Jesus had done for him. And all the people were amazed." (Mark 5:20). This shows how important personal testimonies are in getting God's message across.

If someone passes to you a dvd called Fruit Cake and Icecream, would you pass the message on?

No comments:

Post a Comment