Wednesday, 1 December 2010

What we need now is a relationship?

Watching a "Why Jesus?" video produced by ALPHA, I experienced one of those aha moments. I have always known this but not really understood- we need relationships and how great do friends, family, husband, wife, girlfriend or boyfriend make you feel, well most of the time. But have you ever found that's not always enough? It is suggested that puppies should not be separated from their Mother until they are at least 8 weeks old. One reason is that they can experience separation anxiety or pine for their mother. 

Pin-ing is an interesting word and I don't mean of the evergreen variety. Have you ever been separated from someone for a length of time that you experience this longing for them? Children can feel this way when they are separated from their nearest and dearest and that's how I would describe pin-ing. If you have recently left a relationship you may be experiencing this kind of emotion at the moment. 

There's another kind of pin-ing, a missing relationship with God our creator. I know that's what was missing in my life and now like that Casting Crown Song says, "Somewhere in the Middle", that's where I am now. 2 Cor 5:18 God sent His only Son “who reconciled us to Himself through Christ”. To reestablish a close relationship with God. Jesus our Lord died on the cross so that our Sins would not be counted against us (2 Cor 5:19), which prevents us from having a relationship with God.

Now to have that kind of relationship, imagine where we would be? I sit in awe at that thought, of what Jesus did for us at the cross, so that we can have a relationship with God. 


Do you pine for a relationship with God?


1 comment:

  1. I'm not a Christian, but I imagine fellowship must be one of the great joys of being one. I used to be good friends with a Baptist pastor, and I would often go to his church and visit with him and his parishioners for the talk and good company.

    ReplyDelete