Sunday, 5 September 2010

He Who Would Valiant Be...

I have had this hymn in my head since church this morning. It reminds me of being in the assembly hall at school and then I read the last paragraph, a promise of hope.

Here is the youtube link to the music http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uUTyS6QRWE

He Who Would Valiant Be


He who would valiant be ’gainst all disaster,



Let him in constancy follow the Master.
There’s no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent to be a pilgrim.

Who so beset him round with dismal stories
Do but themselves confound - his strength the more is.
No foes shall stay his might; though he with giants fight,
He will make good his right to be a pilgrim.




Since, Lord, Thou dost defend us with Thy Spirit,
We know we at the end, shall life inherit.
Then fancies flee away! I’ll fear not what men say,
I’ll labour night and day to be a pilgrim.


(Original words by John Bunyan and modified by Percy Dearmer... if you know anymore, please just add a comment to this post)


No comments:

Post a Comment