Saturday, 10 July 2010

Marmite, a piece of toast and Church

Munching on my piece of toast and Marmite, I am reminded of the mixed opinions people have about it. Either you love the stuff or you hate it. There are Facebook pages set up on the subject. As I write this, Marmite are running a marketing campaign on their website. You decide if you are a Perfect Pete who apparently likes the stuff or a Horrid Henry who thinks it's horrible. I reckon that Marmite is one of the very few subjects that provokes such extreme opinions, of course Church can also be added to this exclusive list.

My opinion about Church has moved from one side of the coin to the other and back again, depending on my experience at the time or whether I was dragged there screaming. It is only recently that Church has become so much more and that is thanks to our Awesome God for guiding me. You see, I actually get excited going to Church it's an absolute feeling of elation. I am going to a place where my Christian Brothers and Sisters worship our Lord for His Grace. Let me tell you sometimes I do go to Church with a heavy heart and what a place to be, to commune with the Lord and repent for my sins. That heart some how feels lighter when I leave and I praise the Lord.

I have also been in a position in my past, when on a Sunday morning that extra two hours in bed seemed important and unfortunately for me Church never really entered my head.  Luke 11:10 (NIV) may help as you contemplate Church, "For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened."

I prayer that you find your Church.

No comments:

Post a Comment