Saturday, 17 July 2010

From Pokemon to prayer via Fraser Campbell

My Son (age 9) and me were really debating some of life's affecting issues today. Like how many Pokemon characters had I heard of and how many footballers could I name from the Premier League?  Between talking about Turtwig and Fraser Campbell the later is a footballer and the other a type of bread or a Pokemon (can't remember), we discussed faith. I asked my son what he thought prayer was and just didn't expect this response.
"Dad, you can tell God anything, any time, any place, anywhere and any day."   
And that started the brain cells sparking. My thoughts were so much about prayer, especially as I write this, tomorrow is Sunday, when Christians will get together to pray to and worship our Lord. Romans 8:26-27, gives great reassurance during this time, especially when the words won't come but the heart knows, "In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will.".

Amen

2 comments:

  1. Excellent site, brother!

    Good links too, so I'm going to add you to my list of Church resources on my page here:

    http://www.newchristian.org.ukchurchresources.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone here is the link the one above may not work.

    http://www.newchristian.org.uk/churchresources.html

    ReplyDelete